BC forward Hawkins out for the rest of the season
- KU sets mark as Big 12 title run hits 14
- Sean Miller out vs. Oregon after report
- NCAA clears MSU's Bridges amid probe
- Kentucky finds no violations from report
- Creighton upsets No. 3 Villanova in OT
BOSTON (AP) Boston College forward Deontae Hawkins is out for the rest of the season with a knee injury.
The team announced Wednesday that Hawkins' season was over.
The 6-foot-8, 220-pound graduate transfer was injured in the first half of BC's Nov. 29 game against Nebraska. He was the Eagles' third-leading scorer and top rebounder, averaging 12.4 points and 9.1 rebounds in eight games this year.
Hawkins spent his first three years at Illinois State, helping the Redbirds to the Missouri Valley Conference regular-season title last season.
More AP college basketball: http://collegebasketball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25
Updated December 6, 2017